* All prices including 19% VAT plus Shipping . Customers in the EC with a valid VAT-number or customers outside the EC will be delivered net without 19% VAT
Ready for shipment
delivery time approx. 1-3 working days
The Horch RM3 Mark 2 is a large diaphragm tube microphone in the tradition of the classic austrian microphones from the 1950s and 60s.
The RM3 Mark 2 is fitted with a specially designed "CK12 style" microphone capsule, which provides a powerful sound and can be used in a variety of situations thanks to its switchable directionality and the additional integrated shock mount..
The RM3 Mark 2 is very suitable for women's voices thanks to its transparent resolution even in high pitches and at high sound pressure.
The RM3 Mark 2 has a number of improvements compared with the previous model RM3. The sound selection switch, which is positioned inside the microphone now provides two different operation modes with very different sounds.
In LINEAR MODE (the switch lights up blue from the inside) the direction characteristics can be adjusted gradually on the mains adapter between omni-directional, cardioid and bi-directional. The microphone works very linearly in this mode and is thus equally suitable for all recording situations.
The VOCAL MODE (the switch lights up red from the inside) provides a special cardioid pattern with an even stronger proximity effect compared with the cardioid pattern in linear mode, thus helping to give singing voices that sought-after "larger-than-life" sound.
A new feature of the RM3 Mark 2 is the HORCH Impedance Converter. The HIC transforms the output impedance of the microphone capsule and together with the subsequent tube amplifier increases both sensitivity and linearity, without any loss in the popular “HORCH tube sound”. For lovers of the original RM3, HORCH offers the pure tube mode option, which can completely remove the HORCH HIC from the signal flow. The RM3 Mark 2 then becomes 100% identical to the previous model, the RM3.
The tube amplifier works without any frequency response correction
Specially designed for instrumental and female vocal recording
- Sound selection switch for selecting operating modes
- Linear mode: Linear frequency response with switchable direction pattern: omnidirectional/cardioid/bi-directional (or figure-eight) pattern
- Vocal mode: cardioid characteristics with strong proximity effect
- CK12 style microphone capsule
- HORCH Impedance Converter
- Selected ECC81 tube
- Very large nickel-iron transformer for super high headroom
- Integrated pop filter
- Integrated shock mount
- The swivel position is extended by a horizontal movement possibility
- Extremely high dynamic range
The set includes the HORCH Audiogeräte RM3 Mark 2 microphone, the HORCH Audiogeräte NT 1206 PSU (230V/ 115V AC switchable) and the cable with swivelmount
Nick Mavridis zieht Fazit seines Tests auf www.bonedo.de: Das Horch RM3 klingt absolut hervorragend. Wer auf den edlen Großmembran-Röhrensound alter, deutscher Machart steht und Gesang aufnehmen will, der sollte sich einen Hörtest dieses Mikrofons nicht entgehen lassen. Link zum Test